…special privileges such as discounts when buying branded or unbranded, generic medicines, vitamins and medical equipment and devices, as well as health services like eye exams, drug testing, or vaccination at participating merchant stores and branches nationwide.This concept of creation of a new PhilHealth ID card operates under Public-Private Partnership (PPP). The project is hoped to give PhilHealth members more value without having themselves hospitalized.
Said PhilHealth President and CEO Dr. Rey B. Aquino:
We are employing another approach to further expand our membership base and help achieve our government’s goal of Universal Health CareWhere and How to avail of the new PhilHealth ID Card?
it is important for us to exhaust all possible means to bring all Filipinos into the NHIP, especially now that we have less than two years to achieve it.
The new ID card will be distributed by the 307 SM and 1,067 Bayad Center branches in the country. There will be a minimal fee for the registration services and card cost, as well as one quarter’s worth of premium contributions.
The new ID bears the members permanent PIN. It also has a magnetic strip for the purpose of verification whether a member has enough premium contributions to PhilHealth before granting the discounts or privileges. Starting this week, SM and Bayad Center branches will be accepting applications for membership.
Fees to pay during the application for the new PhilHealth ID card:
- New registrant availing the new ID card at SM malls: P360.00 (P300.00 – for one quarter premium, P50.00 – for registration and card, P 10.00 – collecting fee)
- New registrant availing the new ID card at Bayad Center outlets: P358.00 (P300.00 – for one-quarter premium, P50.00 – for registration and card, P8.00 – collecting fee)
The new PhilHealth ID card will be available at least two (2) weeks from the date of your membership application.
Participating establishments where the new ID card can be used to avail of certain discounts and privileges:
- Watsons Personal Care Stores Phils. Inc.
- Fresenius/FMC Renal Care Corp.
- PQ Health Shield
- Rose Pharmacy Inc.
- South Star Drugstore
- Vivian Sarabia Optical Corp.
- J & W Drug Testing Inc.
- Sept. 5 – Launch
- Sept. 12 onwards-NCR
- Sept. 19 onwards – Luzon
- Sept. 26 onwards – Visayas
- Oct. 3 onwards – Mindanao