Yabang Pinoy believes in the power of the Philippine Peso. One way of improving our country is by supporting Filipino brands that support local, natural and human resources- Filipino products made with 100% Filipino love and pride. Sino ang maniniwala at magmamahal sa ating mga produkto kung tayo mismong mga Pilipino ay hindi nangungunang humanga at bumili ng gawang Filipino?
We hope that these choices are not simply done today, but repeated over time developing into a lifestyle of choosing quality, Filipino made products. This demand will enliven our local industries, increasing and improving the good quality Filipino brands available today.
Which Filipino made products and brands do you buy? Why do you choose to support Filipino made products? How do they complement your everyday life? Let us know!
Join Yabang Pinoy’s photo contest ‘YOU, What are you made for?’
1) This is open to all Facebook users who have ‘liked’ the official Facebook fan pages of Yabang Pinoy and Global Pinoy Bazaar.
2) Come up with your best photographs that answer the question: What are you made for? Submission of entries will be accepted from August 1 to October 1, 2012.
3) The Yabang Pinoy abaca band should be part of the photograph, though not necessarily the focal point of the image. Photographs should contain all Filipino products and easily identifiable locations in the Philippines.
4) The winning entries shall receive the following prizes:
- FIRST PRIZE : Php 20,000 worth of Global Pinoy Bazaar certificates
- SECOND PRIZE : Php 10,000 worth of Global Pinoy Bazaar certificates
- THIRD PRIZE : Php 5,000 worth of Global Pinoy Bazaar certificates
**All prizes are transferable, but not convertible to cash and can only be spent during the Global Pinoy Bazaar (Nov. 10-11, 2012).
5) Photographs may be entered into any of the seven (7) categories: Produce, Home, Food and Beverage, Fashion and Accessories, Entertainment, Footwear, and Personal and Home Care.
6) You may enter a maximum of three (3) photos for each category – differing in concept, and not just in angle or composition. However, you can only win for one of your entries. Photos should be taken and submitted in the resolution of at least 3000 x 2000 pixels and 300 DPI. Digital images must be in JPEG format.
7) Simply upload your photo entry on the Yabang Pinoy fan page with the prescribed details in the caption: a) A short, one-liner explaining what you are made for;
b) All Filipino brands featured in the photograph;
c) Location where the photograph was taken; d) Chosen category.
**Entries with incomplete information will not be entered into the contest.
8 ) Digital images with objectionable content, such as alcohol, smoking, guns, violence, obscenities, or nudity are automatically disqualified. Content that is defamatory to any group or individual and/or violates any law will likewise be disqualified.
9) All digital images must be photographer’s original work and should not include watermarks, signatures, time stamps or any other noticeable markings. Entries must be unpublished and exclusive to this contest within its duration.
10) All the entries will be judged by Yabang Pinoy according to the following criteria:
a) Thematic Relevance (Does the photograph show what the participant is made for? Does the photograph showcase Filipino products in a positive light? Does it feature all Filipino products and an identifiable Filipino location?) - 40%
b) Creativity and Originality (Artistic style, technique, and skill) - 35%
c) Technical Merit (Clarity and quality of photograph) - 25%
11) The top 30 photographs will be uploaded into an album on the Yabang Pinoy official Facebook fan page for online voting. Simply collect as many ‘shares’ either by sharing your pictures to your contacts or by other people sharing your photos. The 3 photos with the most ‘shares’ win top prizes. The only ‘shares’ that will be counted are those seen in the album of Yabang Pinoy.
12) If your photograph places in the top 30, you will be asked to send a copy of your photos to phmadecontest(at) gmail (dot) com with your full name, contact number, and email address.
13) The top entries will be announced on October 8, 2012.
14) Online voting will run from October 8 to November 5, 2012. Winners will be announced soon after and will be informed via contact number or email.
15) When claiming the prize, winners must present at least one (1) valid ID and a printed copy of a notification sent to them. If the winner is below 18 years old, he/she needs to be with his/her parent or legal guardian to claim his/her prize. Both the minor and parent/guardian should present valid identifications.
16) By joining and participating in this promotion, the participant confirms, agrees to and acknowledges that:
He or she has read the full mechanics of this promotion and agrees to abide by its terms and conditions. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Yabang Pinoy and not to Facebook. By submitting your photograph, you grant Yabang Pinoy the authority and permission to a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to utilize such photos in connection with Yabang Pinoy. Proper credit shall be given to you as the photographer. You further assure that all subjects who participated in your submitted photographs have consented to such endeavour and all negative consequences that may arise out of the submission of the digital images will be the your sole responsibility and accountability.
Show the world what you are made for! Sali na!
We’d love to hear from you so don’t hesitate to leave us comments below or email any questions to phmadecontest(at) gmail (dot) com.