Philippine Business for Social Progress, principal recipient of the TB component of The Global Fund to Fights Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria (TGFATM), invites all Filipinos of any age, residing anywhere in the Philippines, to join the TB-Free Philippines Photography Contest 2013.
1. The contest runs from 15 July to 20 August 2013.
2. Photo entries should show any of the following themes/messages:
- TB can be cured.
- TB care is free and readily available.
- Former TB patients have productive, healthier lives after being cured.
- Anyone can have TB, not just the poor.
- Stronger partnerships from different sectors can help in eradicating TB.
- Correct understanding of TB is the first step to getting better.
3. Each entry should be the original work of the entrant.
4. Entrants may submit a maximum of three photographs, but may win only one award. In case an entrant wins more than one prize, the entrant will be awarded the higher prize.
5. Each photo must be accompanied by a caption. The caption, written in English and not more than 100 words, must highlight the message of the photo.
6. For photos whose subject includes a recognizable person, the photographer is responsible for securing permission from that person or, in the case of a minor, from the subject’s parent or guardian.
7. Minor entrants must seek express permission to join the contest from their parents or legal guardian.
Photos must be in high resolution (8MP shots minimum, 300 dpi or higher) and saved in jpeg format.
8. The following photos are disqualified:
- Photos that have been enhanced or altered. Alteration means manipulation of the photograph for special effects (colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites). Only minor adjustments such as cropping and slight color and contrast adjustment are allowed.
- Photos that violate another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright or contain materials that promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Photographs that have been submitted to or won in other contests, or have been published or submitted for publication (print or online)
- Photos which are immoral, obscene, and/or in violation of public moral and/or proper public conduct.
9. Ineligibility Clause
Employees of PBSP, Global Fund TB Grant, and PBSP-GF Sub Recipients and their relatives up to 2nd degree of affinity and consanguinity are ineligible to join this contest.
10. The decision of the board of judges which PBSP shall select solely for the contest shall be final and may not be appealed.
11. By submitting an entry, a contestant grants PBSP-Global Fund and its official representatives an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use the entry in its website and online pages including social media without further compensation, notification or permission.
In addition, each winner grants PBSP-Global Fund and its official representatives an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use and distribute the entry (as submitted, or as cropped by PBSP-Global Fund) in any media for promotions purposes without further compensation or notification or permission. Each photographer whose photo(s) will be used in PBSP’s promotional activities shall be acknowledged accordingly.
12. Entries should be received on or before 20 August 2013.
How to Join
1. Fill out the attached entry form.
2. Enlose the following requirements in a long brown envelope.
- Filled out entry form (One entry form for each photo).
- Printed entries (8R size, color print, unmounted)
- Digital file of the entries in CD rom
- (For minors): Consent to join signed by parents/guardian
- (For images with recognizable persons) Express consent of the subject to be featured in the entry
Criteria for Judging
Relevance to the Theme: 35%
Overall Impact: 20%
Submit your entry to
Sherma E. Benosa
Communications and KM Officer
PBSP Global Fund TB Project
Philippine Business for Social Progress
PSDC Building, Magallanes cor Real Sts.
First Prize: Cash Prize of P20, 000.00 and a certificate
Second Prize: Cash Prize of P15,000.00 and a certificate
Third Prize: Cash Prize of P10,000.00 and a certificate
Nine Consolation Prizes: P2,000.00 and a certificate
Notification of Winners and Awarding
Winners will be notified through email or mobile phone. Details of awarding will be communicated in the notification.
For more information about the Photo Contest, feel free to contact Ms. Sherma E. Benosa at telephone numbers (02) 527-7741 to 48, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.pbsp.org.ph for more details.