Now on its 4th year, the Chito S. Roño Literary Awards (CSRLA) run by the Northwest Samar State University, Calbayog City is now accepting entries for this year’s contest in poetry, short story and play for writers in Waray and Inabaknon. - See more at: http://r08.pia.gov.ph/index.php?article=1211379395472#sthash.KQXCMFRt.dpuf
Now on its 4th year, the Chito S. Roño Literary Awards (CSRLA) run by the Northwest Samar State University, Calbayog City is now accepting entries for this year’s contest in poetry, short story and play for writers in Waray and Inabaknon.
1. The contest is open to all writers coming from Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)—those currently residing within the specified geographical area or those born in Region VIII but have migrated to another place or country.
2. The contestant must be a Waray or Inabaknon speaker/writer.
3. Members of the Lamiraw Executive Committee (the contest organizers) and the Lamiraw workshop panelists (the members of the board of judges) are prohibited from joining the competition.
4. Only three categories are covered by the contest, namely, poetry, short story and play. Contestants may use any of the two local languages: Waray and Inabaknon, and may send one entry for each category.
•An entry must consist of five poems of any topic, theme, length and form. Inabaknon writers must provide a translation of their works either in Waray, Filipino or English.
b. Short Story
•An entry may vary in length depending on the writers choice whether it is a full blown fiction or a flash fiction. Restriction on the number of pages is lifted; however, it must still be accompanied with a one-page summary. Inabaknon writers must provide a translation of their works either in Waray, Filipino or English.
•An entry’s length must range from thirty-five minutes (35 minutes) to one and a half hour (90 minutes) once staged, with an open and free theme. It must be accompanied by a one-page summary. Inabaknon writers must provide a translation of their works either in Waray, Filipino or English.
5. All entries must be originally written in Waray or Inabaknon not a translation from other languages. It should not have been published nor has won in any contest.
6. Entries must be submitted in four copies (one original and three photocopies), double spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 inches regular size bond paper with one inch margin on both sides. Pages should be numbered consecutively (e.g. 1 of 30, 2 of 30 and so on) at the bottom right corner of each page. Font type must be Arial and its font size must be 12 pts. Entries must bear the pseudonym of the writer. The author's name and the pseudonym (written on the entry) must be submitted in a separate sealed envelope along with the official application form and the contact information of the contestant.
A barangay captain or notary public must attest the originality and authenticity of the entry. For archival purposes, you are required to email a copy of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a softcopy in DVD format. Please download the forms posted at the NCCA website and at Panitikan.com.ph.
7.The following are the prizes at stake for the Chito S. Roño Literary Awards:
First Prize: P5,000.00 plus Certificate
Second Prize P3,000.00 plus Certificate
Third Prize: P1,000.00 plus Certificate
First Prize: P5,000.00 plus Certificate
First Prize: P12,000.00 plus Certificate
8.All entries must be addressed to:
Chito S. Roño Literary Awards
Arts, Social and Cultural Affairs Office
c/o Mr. Harold L. Mercurio
Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU)
Rueda St., Brgy. Balud, Calbayog City
9. Deadline for submission of entries is October 20, 2013. Hardcopies must be postmarked not later than this date. Contestants are encouraged to send their entries through LBC, JRS or Air 21 for efficient and safety delivery of manuscripts and other requirements.
10. Contestants are reminded to strictly follow the contest rules and requirements to avoid disqualification.
11. Winning entries shall become part of the literary collection of the Chito S. Roño Literary Awards (CSRLA) which is considered as property of the Northwest Samar State University (NwSSU). Authorship of the literary work remains with the writer. However, under the Contest Rules, the writer is bound to grant, assign and transfer unto NwSSU the right to:
b.designate or appoint editors to edit the literary work or any portion of the literary work for publication purposes
c.to furnish copies of all winning literary works to NwSSU library and other libraries
d.to allow the works to be posted online and other electronic means by NwSSU
e.give permission to faculty members and students of NwSSU to photocopy such works for research and performance purposes.
In the one-act play, the writer is bound to grant, assign, and transfer to NwSSU the right to:
b.authorize the production of, and /or carry out staging, telecasting, broadcasting, cinema, or other forms of exhibition via internet or other electronic means, any winning literary piece or portion thereof as determined by the school
c.appoint or designate editors or directors who may edit the literary work or any portion thereof to suit the demands of production or exhibition.
12. Writers shall not receive any additional remuneration or royalty, outside from the cash prize of the contest, from NwSSU once their winning literary piece is published by the University.
13. In case a breach of honesty and ethical conduct is violated by a contestant, the Chito S. Roño Literary Awards which is run by NwSSU will take legal action to disqualify any participant, discredit the literary work from being published in its collection of winning pieces and recall the award.
14. The Chito S. Roño Literary Awards shall not be held accountable to any court litigation if a third party files a case against the winner and/or contestant for any act of plagiarism.
15. Winners of the Chito S. Roño Literary Awards will be announced in radio stations in Calbayog, Catbalogan and Tacloban. It will also be published in the local dailies and posted at the NCCA website and at Panitikan.com. The names of the board of judges will be revealed together with said press releases above. Winning contestants will be notified through phone and email.
16. Announcement and awarding of winners will be done during the culmination of activities of the annual Lamiraw Creative Writing Workshop (LCWW) on November 6-8, 2013 in Naval State University, Naval, Biliran.
17. The decision of the board of judges is final and irrevocable.
1. Official entry form [ Download Here ]
2. Certification of works’ originality by a Brgy. Captain or Notary Public[ Download Here ]
3. Four copies of the entry
4. A soft copy of the entry emailed to email@example.com or stored in dvd format
For inquiries, contact Mr. Harold L. Mercurio, contest coordinator, at 09158866805 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.